Latuda is a brand-name drug of Lurasidone which is used to treat bipolar depression and schizophrenia. This medication helps to improve mood, behavior, thinking, and sleep. Before starting the treatment, inform your doctor about all your medical conditions. Also, disclose the list of medicines you take including antibiotics, antifungals, and antivirals. You should avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice while taking Latuda. Call your doctor right away if you have a fever, trouble swallowing, seizures, or confusion.
Select your dose strength to buy Latuda online at the lowest price.
*Product image is for reference only
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
What is Latuda?
Latuda is a prescription medicine used to treat mental health conditions such as bipolar depression and schizophrenia. Latuda belongs to a class of drugs called atypical antipsychotics. It works by balancing the levels of certain neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin in the brain.
The medication is either used alone or in combination with a mood stabilizer such as lithium or valproate.
Uses and Benefits of Latuda
This medication is generally prescribed by doctors to treat certain mental disorders.
Schizophrenia: Latuda helps to manage the symptoms of schizophrenia in adults and children ages 13 years and older. The symptoms include delusions, hallucinations, confused speech, lack of emotional expressions and motivation to take part in activities, unusual behaviors, and difficulty making decisions or concentrating.
Depression associated with bipolar disorder: Latuda reduces symptoms of bipolar depression including feeling sad, helpless, hopeless, and worthless, changes in mood, sleeping problems, euphoria, and irritability. The medication improves the patient's behavior, thinking, mood, sleep, and energy level so that he can take part in everyday life.
Side effects of Latuda
Patients taking Latuda may experience some common side effects, including:
- Drowsiness and sleepiness
- Restlessness and difficulty moving
- muscle stiffness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea, stomach pain, and loss of appetite
- Runny nose or nasal inflammation
- Weight gain
Call your doctor immediately if you experience serious side effects after taking Latuda, including:
- Trouble swallowing
- High fever, sweating, stiff muscles, confusion, or changes in heart rate and breathing problem (Neuroleptic malignant syndrome)
- Uncontrolled body movements
- Increased thirst, frequent urination, hunger, dry mouth (high blood sugar)
- Weight gain
- Breast discharge or missed menstrual periods in females and decreased sex drive and erectile dysfunction in males
- Low white blood cell count
- Fainting, lightheaded, and low blood pressure
How to take Latuda?
Latuda comes in the form of tablets and is taken orally with food. Always take the medication with at least 350 calories meals to increase the absorption of the drug in the body.
Doctors generally recommend one 40 mg tablet of Latuda daily for patients with Schizophrenia and one 20 mg tablet daily for bipolar depression. Take medication regularly as prescribed by your doctor. Never increase the dose or stop taking the medication on your own even if you feel better.
Taking Latuda with other medications can affect the efficacy of a drug and increase the risk of severe reactions. It is highly advised to tell your doctor about all the medication you are taking including:
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole
- HIV and hepatitis C medications
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin and rifampin
- Antidepressants such as fluoxetine, and paroxetine
- Opioid painkillers or cough relievers
- Sleeping and antianxiety medications such as alprazolam
- Muscle relaxants and antihistamines
Patients taking Latuda should not take grapefruit and grapefruit juice as they can affect the concentration of the drug in the blood.
- Latuda should not be used in elderly people with psychosis due to dementia as it can increase the risk of stroke and death.
- Family members and caretakers should watch patients on antidepressants for sudden changes in mood as the medications may increase suicidal thoughts or behaviors.
- Do not take the drug if you have an allergy to any ingredients of Latuda.
- Discuss the safety of Latuda with your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and taking marijuana.
Before starting the treatment tell your doctors about all your medical conditions, including
Heart problems, stroke, and low or high blood pressure
High cholesterol or triglycerides levels
High prolactin levels
Low blood cell count
Kidney or liver problems
Overall Customer Reviews
4.5 Overall Satisfaction Rating
Based on 5,438 Ratings
IN, United States
October 18, 2021
LifeRx was exceptionally helpful…
LifeRx was exceptionally helpful when I needed to order medication for my pet. After she passed away they were great with walking me through the process to return the unused amount. I would use them again for sure.
OK, United Kingdom
September 19, 2021
Great service! Great prices!
I regularly use liferx pharmacy and always found Great service! & Great prices!
NY, United States
September 21, 2021
Simple, reliable and great price
I've been using LifeRxPharmacy for about 3 years now for a drug that I need as a Brand not generic. There service is great, easy. The price for this medication makes it so I can take the Brand. I'm very grateful for their service.
ND, United States
August 11, 2021
I have used LifeRx for 3 years and…
I have used LifeRx for 3 years and have been very pleased with the service I received. Their staff is very helpful and considerate and I receive my products in a timely manner.
MI, United States
July 16, 2021
The service has been excellent and we…
The service has been excellent and we are very pleased with the orders.