Symbicort is used to manage symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. Before starting the treatment, tell your doctor about all your medical conditions including drug allergies. Make sure your doctor knows about all the medicines and herbal products you are taking. If you have chest pain, tremor, cold, fever, or breathing problems after using Symbicort, get medical help right away. Symbicort should not be used to treat sudden breathing problems. Always keep a quick-relief rescue inhaler to relieve sudden symptoms of COPD or asthma.
Select your dose strength to buy generic and brand Symbicort at the lowest price.
*Product image is for reference only
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
What is Symbicort?
Symbicort is used to treat lung conditions such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It contains two active ingredients:
Budesonide: It is an inhaled corticosteroid that helps to reduce inflammation in the lungs.
Formoterol: It is a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) that relaxes the muscles around the airways. It helps to open the airways and makes it easier to breathe.
It is not known if Symbicort is safe or effective in children under 6 years of age with asthma.
Uses and Benefits of Symbicort
Symbicort is prescribed for the treatment of the following lungs problem:
Asthma: Symbicort prevents the symptoms of asthma such as wheezing and shortness of breath in patients above 6 years of age.
But the medicine is not for patients whose asthma can be controlled with a low to medium dose of inhaled corticosteroid.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): COPD is a chronic condition that includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Symbicort helps to manage the symptoms of COPD and reduce the number of flare-ups.
Do not use Symbicort to treat sudden breathing problems and keep a rescue inhaler with you all the time.
Side Effects of Symbicort
Patients using Symbicort may experience common side effects, including:
Upper respiratory tract infection
Throat pain, cough, voice changes
Headache, muscle pain
Fungal infection in the mouth
Vomiting, stomach discomfort
Symbicort may cause serious side effects that require medical attention, including:
- Chest pain, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, tremor
- Severe fungal infection in the mouth and throat (also called thrust)
- Lungs infections such as pneumonia
- Allergic reactions, rash, hives, swelling on the face, breathing problems
- Reduced adrenal function
- Eye problems
How to use Symbicort?
Symbicort comes in 80/4.5 and 160/4.5 strengths for oral inhalation use. Your doctor will prescribe the strength depending on your health condition. Use the Symbicort exactly as instructed by your healthcare provider. Take 2 puffs of Symbicort twice a day, about 12 hours apart. If you forget a dose of medicine, skip that dose and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Do not use the medicine more often than recommended. You should not change or stop taking the medicines without consulting your doctor.
Avoid spraying Symbicort in your eyes. If the medicine accidentally gets in your eyes, wash your eyes properly with water. Talk to your doctor if you have pain, redness, and irritation in the eyes.
Symbicort can interact with certain medications when taken together. Drug interactions can cause severe side effects in the body or affect the effectiveness of a medicine.
Before using Symbicort, tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, including:
- Antibiotics, antifungal, anti-HIV medicines
- Heart medications
- Other medicines containing LAB
- Do not use Symbicort if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Before you start the treatment, tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions, including:
heart problems, high blood pressure
eye problems such as glaucoma and cataracts
viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic infection
- Children should use the medicine with their parents’ help.
- After using Symbicort, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit the water out. This will reduce the risk of a fungal infection in the mouth.
- Consult your doctor about the safety and risk of Symbicort if you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or breastfeeding. It is not known if the medicine may harm an unborn baby.
- Always keep a rescue inhaler with you to treat sudden breathing problems or asthma attacks.
Overall Customer Reviews
4.3 Overall Satisfaction Rating
Based on 7,132 Ratings
FL, United States
October 18, 2021
Very happy with both price and service!
The absolute lowest prices I have ever gotten! Not only that but the very best customer service to go with it. The online ordering option makes it very easy and saves me time. I am a very happy customer for life.
OH , United Kingdom
October 09, 2021
Good prices and good service
Good prices and good service. No muss, no fuss.
NY, United States
September 21, 2021
Very helpful, good service and savings.
ND, United States
August 11, 2021
Pharmacy At It’s Best
Excellent service and better pricing
IN, United States
July 16, 2021
Ordering process was easy and pills were received
Ordering process was easy and pills were received within the expected timeframe.